Monday, September 23, 2013

Snooki smells a fraud and Sues


Snooki smells a fraud.

The Jersey Shore star turned perfume designer is suing a New Jersey-based company claiming that it has ripped off her official “Snooki” and “Snooki Couture” fragrances. So in response, this week Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi filed a $6 million lawsuit in a Manhattan federal against Excell Brands, alleging they copied her brand. It seems like it would be a difficult smell to copy.

Snooki’s perfume has been described as the smell of “candy and driftwood,” not exactly a conventional scent. “The fragrance opens with exquisite fruity notes of chilled lychee, quince flower and kiwi,” notes Fragrantica. “The heart is ruled by pink cupcake accord, white jasmine and beach flower.

The base includes woody notes, seaside driftwood and sugared musk.” Snooki originally wanted the scent for one of her favorite foods included in the mix, but decided against the idea. “I wanted to create a sweet-smelling fragrance. I wanted something flirty and fun that would reflect my personality,” Snooki told HuffPost Celeb back in 2011. “I originally wanted something with a hint of pickle, but when the labs created a sample of a pickle scent I quickly changed my mind. It was gross.”

Since the late 1990s it’s become common for celebrities to have their own perfume lines, giving them a steady source of revenue without much work to complete in return. It sounds a bit different for Snooki, who really just wanted to create something that smelled good for her to wear. “I always wanted my own fragrance because I could never find the right scent for me. At home, I would always mix bottles of my favorite fragrance[s] to create a unique and different scent,” the reality star said. Snooki added that she was very hands on in the creation process, choosing everything from the fragrance notes to the bottle design.

So it would seem understandable that she’s upset about another brand ripping off her scent.-her-scent/#XRKoGKhhtklUc1LM.99</div>

No comments:

Post a Comment