Wednesday, October 2, 2013

“I Have Over 200 Pairs Of Shoes And 200 Bottles Of Perfume” – Empress Njamah


Actress and one-time partner of singer Timaya, Empress Njamah in a recent interview with Punch talked about her fashion style and lots more.

Excerpts from the interview below.

What does fashion and style mean to you?

I think they are everyday life. Your fashion is your style.

Do you think you are a fashionable person?

It is not for me to say. My style might be different from what the other person calls fashion. And my fashion can be different from what another person calls her style. I don’t think there is anybody who will say she doesn’t like the way she looks. But basically, it takes a good eye to know good fashion.

Are you daring in fashion?

I will not say I am not daring. As an actress, I have to be versatile. But you have to be daring at the right function. What I wear in Nigeria is different from what I wear abroad. It might be fashionable to you and an eyesore to some other people. Basically, I dress for the event and the country. Sometimes, you need to make a statement but you have to be comfortable while making a statement.

You also have so many footwears

I was able to give out 85 pairs of shoes to orphanages in Abuja and Lagos. I was left with more than 200.  You would feel you have given out enough but at the end of the day, when you go back and count, you will find out that they are still there.

What is the most expensive fashion item you have?

If someone spontaneously tells you something, then it is not true. If you can afford something very expensive, then you can buy other things at that same price. You cannot just possess one expensive item and you have that thing on your head. For security reasons, I might not want to mention them, but I have quite a lot of things that I bought and my friends ask me if I am crazy. It is my passion. I work hard so I can be able to spend my money.

Do you love perfume?

I am a perfume person. I have bought a perfume that is worth over N300, 000. I have over 200 bottles. It is either you are into something or you are not. It doesn’t mean that there is no cheaper perfume that smells better than that one, but it is something you like and you want to pick it.

Original Post

No comments:

Post a Comment