Sunday, October 20, 2013

THE OBSESSION GOES ON: ROGUE BY RIHANNA IS THE ONLY CELEBRITY FRAGRANCE YOU NEED TO TRY THIS YEAR


The room is dark. The strobe lights have died. Thumping beats of another one of her now countless number one singles fades in the distance. A cloud of smoke clears. Rihanna, sitting atop her throne of hundred dollar bills, vintage Chanel jewelry, and discarded wigs, holds out her iPhone and snaps another one of her infamous and yet somehow impossibly glamorous Instagram selfies. She squints, inspecting the shot behind her perfectly lined cat eyes and false lashes. Good, she thinks.

“Rogue by Rihanna” she types as the caption, “in stores now! #PhuckYoPhragrance”

I’m surprised you even opened this article, because I can feel you rolling your eyes through the computer screen. Celebrity fragrances are, to some, the bane of the beauty industry. And I get it, I do.

But to others, they’re fun! They’re an extension of their favorite artist and the entertainment industry in general, and that’s cute. It’s another way to own a piece of your favorite artist or celebrity. Some people like that.

Personally, I can’t help but love them because I am obsessed with everything “pop” and also will buy anything I am told to. The bottles! The ad campaigns! The fragrances! It’s all so exciting.

Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment