Friday, October 18, 2013

Katy Perry reveals her perfume preferences


Pop starlet Katy Perry has just launched her third fragrance, Killer Queen. "I wanted it to have a few androgynous notes, so I added patchouli and I added kind of like a wood - 'cashmerean' or something like that," says Perry.

Although perhaps it's more about the message in the bottle? "It's an empowering fragrance that's sophisticated, but there's a lot of strength in it. The image is of a queen, with the royal factor. I'm very obsessed with the idea of a monarchy, and the ability for a woman to be the head position. I love that idea and I think it's very empowering," says 28-year-old Perry on the inspiration behind her perfume and the campaign that goes with it.

Whether her not-so-convincing perfume prowess entices you to try Killer Queen or not, what is clear is that Perry enjoys fragrance. "I wear fragrances every day," she says. (For the record, Perry doesn't spray her daily scent on skin, or dab it behind her ears, she dances into it: "I never douse myself in a fragrance; I spray then waltz into it!")

"I believe that your sense of smell is helpful in creating a lasting impression or a memory. Often, my first memory is based on a scent," she says. "My first boyfriend would wear Acqua di Gio by Armani. To this day if anyone gets near me, whether they come into an elevator or I am meeting them for the first time and they are wearing Acqua di Gio, I can spot it. And it just brings me back to when I was 16."

Perry also loves a dash of masculinity in her scent - hence the 'cashmerean' notes in her own. "I love Tom Ford's Black Orchid which is really cool because a woman and a man can wear it. And I love fragrances like Thierry Mugler's Alien because it's so distinct."

Full Article 

No comments:

Post a Comment