Wednesday, February 27, 2013

5 Cliched Perfumes I Love


When I find a perfume I like, it’s hard for me to switch to anything else. Right now I’m smitten with YSL Young Sexy Lovely Eau de Toilette. It’s fresh and clean, light and perfect for me. But…there was a time when I will admit that I gave in to pretty promises in perfume ads faster than I could take a whiff of a magazine sample.
Here are the five perfumes I have worn of the years that are a little embarrassing to admit! Why? Everyone else seems to like them and I like to think that my taste is different. It's my own, but one cannot fault folks for having a good taste. 
Image: 1lovePerfumes.com
Image: 1lovePerfumes
Ck-1: My first foray into fragrances, Ck-1 was a big hit at the time. Everyone was wearing it. Come to think of it, my entire list is made up of perfumes that everyone was wearing at the time. In hindsight, there was more marketing then originality to this scent.
Image: 1lovePerfumes.com
Image: 1lovePerfumes
Clinique Happy: Everyone was raving about how fabulous this flowery citrus smell was, and the ads tricked my mind into thinking that if I wore Clinique Happy, I would naturally always be happy too…instead I just ended up with a generic floral scent on my sweaters that made me scrunch my nose.
Image: FragranceNet
Image: FragranceNet
Gap Dream: I went, I bought jeans. And a fleece GAP hoodie. And Gap Dream. Combine that with a couple flannel shirts (I was in Seattle, after all) and Converse Allstars. All the essentials for relatively painless middle school years. Last year they brought the scent back…but I think I’ll pass this time around.
Image: 1lovePerfumes.com
Image: 1lovePerfumes
Ralph Lauren Romance: This was the first scent that I really fell in love with. Well, I fell in love with the idea of falling in love. And a perfume called Romance is as close as it gets when you’re fifteen years old and awkward.
Image: 1lovePerfumes
Image: 1lovePerfumes
Davidoff Cool Water: Probably the most embarrassing choice, given that I truly and utterly detested this perfume from the start. But remember how I said Clinque Happy was popular? The loyalty to Cool Water during my late high school years was astounding. Bad enough that the hallways reeked of it – you would have thought we were manufacturing the stuff in our lockers. I gave in, I’m not proud to admit it. But I only wore it for one semester.
The good news, popular and best selling scents won't be discontinued so as long as you and others buy them, they will be around giving you bragging rights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment