Thursday, April 11, 2013

Calvin Klein Model Matt Terry Talks Fragrance and Fitness




If you watched the Super Bowl this year, you undoubtedly saw the new face (make that abs) of Calvin Klein underwear: Matt Terry. The 22-year-old model is also fronting the brand's new fragrance, Dark Obsession. We spoke with Terry about the scent, what he loves about women, and his own surprising obsession.

How has your life changed since the Super Bowl ad aired?
"I'll go to the local breakfast place and they'll come up and say, 'Congratulations.' It's flattering but freaky. It's like, I haven't even gone on a first date with you and you know what I look like in my underwear."

You're the face of Dark Obsession for Men. What do you like about the fragrance?
"I had not smelled it until recently, and it turned out cooler than I thought. It has a very mellow, pleasant, vanilla-y smell along with a boldness and spice to it. It's not overpowering, which I like, because most men's fragrances are too in-your-face."

Do you remember your first fragrance?
"It's very ironic. When I was 14 or 15 my mom bought me a Calvin Klein fragrance kit. It had Obsession, Escape, and Eternity, along with another one. It's insane that I used to see this on my dresser every day and now my face is on the advertisements."

How do you think a woman should smell?
"I think a woman should smell very comforting—at least that's what I really enjoy. I like a gentle smell."


How did you get your body in the shape it's in?
"I try to go to the gym four to five times a week. I warm up for 10 to 15 minutes and then I jump into circuit training. My friends help me go to the gym because it sucks going by yourself. They push me to another level, and it makes the whole process better."

More:

No comments:

Post a Comment