Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Unboxing Jimmy Choo's New Fragrance, Flash



When the original Jimmy Choo fragrance was launched a couple of years back, it caused quite a stir in the fragrance world. While it was a hit with many of my fellow bloggers and friends, I didn't fall in love with the scent myself, though I did love the bottle.

Out this month exclusively at Nordstom (for less than $100!) is Jimmy Choo's new fragrance, Flash — a fruity-yet-floral scent with top notes of pink pepper and strawberry; heart notes of tuberose, jasmine, and white lily; and base notes of heliotrope and white woods that smells as delicious as it does luxurious. This is a less sweet, more floral concoction. The bottle is designed to emulate paparazzi flashbulbs, and the box is equally as glitzy. I love the box, but the bottle itself is not as nicely made as I expected, or as good quality as the first Jimmy Choo fragrance.

Woody base notes make it a little more sophisticated, but for me, the strong floral heart is just too much. When it comes to staying power (like the first Jimmy Choo fragrance) this is great, but  in my case I'd prefer if it wasn't!

A glitter-filled booklet that accompanied our perfume says the scent is "about the cool rush of excitement and the sense of power a woman feels when dressed in a pair of sexy shoes" . Perhaps with a rich man, among fields of strawberries." (In other words, it's the smell of fancy and yummy colliding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment