Thursday, July 18, 2013

Perfumania District Manager, David B Was Rude


This is my opinion of a phone conversation I had with the District Manager for one of Perfumania stores. His first name is David and last name begins with B.

I had an issue with a particular Perfumania where a discount was not applied. This is an advertised discount that the clerk failed to apply. When I checked out, I noticed the balance was not right--I am accounting by profession sorry. I brought to the clerks attention and he said "it looks like one of those discounts were not applied"  He asked me to fill a form ask for a refund, which I did and I was credited the difference. Now, this happened with me at least once before at the same store.

I went home and wrote to the Perfumania customer service email, asking them to make sure this does not happen again, I like two things perfume and like to be charged the advertised price. An agent was gracious enough and told me the district manger will call me to address this problem withing 48 hours he called. He did call, and he went on the offense...."we want to talk to you, you asked the store clerk for a discount", to which I said, "No, I did not" , he shot back like a kid who is about to win a pissing match "Yes, you did" I watched the footage and saw you did? I was taken aback! What footage? He kept telling me he saw me and the video from a month ago--which is also false my trip to the store was on July 6...he called me on the 18. Then he mentioned the loss prevention department and I was all confused. He kept I saw you on the camera, I was like it could not be if you say the video dates back to a month. I did not appreciate how he was telling me I asked for a special discount. This is so untrue, but for some reason he kept saying that.

I think two things are true he was impatient and standoffish--two toxic personal traits for anyone in customer service. I really did not ask for any special discount--he seems to believe so--from the video?  Then I suggested I give him the number of the transaction, he agreed. I gave him the item number he found one but not the other. Finally, he called the store and chatted with them and learns what had happened--something I stated in the email to the customer service. He told me, I am looking at your email and this is not what you said. I just did not understand what he was trying to accomplish. I was not asking for anything. I simply did not want this mistake to happen again to me or whomever.

I asked him to relax and to be professional. In my judgment the way he conducted himself on the call was neither. To a degree that I asked him, I wish this phone call being recorded. I have shopped in perfumania stores in  ten different states. I have always felt my business is welcome there. This conversation with the district manager was so bizarre. I conclude, an erratic approach is unfit for someone who should be working with people.

I hope he was having a bad day and hope he is not like this all the time. I know I felt intimidated by his talk and was not impressed by his style and constant scoffing throughout our conversation. While there's no alternative to perfumania and their line of products, I will shop at another branch--maybe the one in Columbia Heights or Pentagon City.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment