Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Perfume Portrait at London's Mandarin Oriental




The London based perfume house Ormonde Jayne is now offering a bespoke Perfume Portraits service for clients looking to find a new fragrance within their stores, useful for those too busy to navigate the minefield of perfume counters to find one they feel truly suits them.Then comes the fireworks where you will be making a visit to perfumer Ormonde Jayne’s flagship store on Sloane Square is next for a ‘Perfume Portrait’, smelling single notes to help create your personal scent, which you will take with you in a hand-blown flacon with engraved gold stopper. 

The Perfume Portrait starts with a few basic questions on your preferences in a fragrance, taking in to consideration previous bottles you've worn or ones you've encountered on other people and preferred methods of application. Afterwards clients are invited to smell three raw ingredients from seven fragrance families including hesperidic, light floral, intense floral, balsamic, oriental, woody and atmospheric. Whether you’d wear these notes or not isn't important, at this point you just need to specify if you like or dislike each ingredient to build a picture of the notes you find appealing. The whole process takes no more than five minutes. 

I know from what I've gathered  I would be partial to the Ormonde Man, a fantastic green and woody fragrance with notes of Vetiver, Juniper, Hemlock and Oudh, and Zizan, a citrus oil and herbal composition with Lime, Bergamot and Bay. For about 120 dollars for the 50 ml. 

The Perfume Portrait focuses the mind by allowing you to take in the scents of individual raw ingredients which guide you on a sensual adventure. We have also now added a blindfold, not compulsory but definitely advised, while you smell your way through 21 raw ingredients. 

This is what one of their clients had to say: 
I walked away with a scent I could call my own and I found myself walking a little taller and more confidently as I stepped out of the shop. I was even pleased at being made to squeeze into the tube as I could tell several individuals around me were taking deep breaths in from their nostrils. 


No comments:

Post a Comment