Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Skinny On Mary Greenwell Plum



It is somehow human nature to think if there is something out there that you cannot easily get it must be great. When there is a limited edition fragrance exclusive to a store hundreds of miles away, or on another continent, we believe this mysterious elixir to be THE ONE! If only we could find it close to home. If only I could try this I could lie down a happy person. Such is the pull of the seemingly unobtainable. Mary Green is an Icon and Make up Artist to Princess Diana and a wealth of beautiful models and celebrities. Her first fragrance Plum is a gorgeous fragrance created by 4th generation perfumer Francois Robert.

A seductive, deeply nuanced perfume that floats gently on the skin and leaves a bubble of femininty and seductiveness without the overpowering musk or overly sweet notes that dominate the current market. It is a timeless fragrance,

The short answer is Mary Greenwell Plum is not a chypre by any way I understand the term. It is in my way of categorizing things a straight-up fruity floral. When it comes to that category it is a very good example of a fruity floral done correctly. As a reviewer I had to let go of some of the, to my mind, overheated praise and judge it based on everything else. With that qualifier Mary Greenwell succeeds as a fruity floral and fails completely as a chypre. Depending on what you are expecting, fruity floral or chypre, will tilt the way you feel about Mary Greenwell Plum.

Mary Greenwell Plum has outstanding longevity and above average sillage. PLUM is everything I'm looking for in a perfume. It deserves its name as it starts and continues with a delicious juicy plum note only to be deepened and enriched by well-blended white florals. I honestly had low expectations for this due to the recent negative reviews. But NO! This is just beautiful beyond words. I almost feel drunk when I smell this on my skin! Highly recommended for plum lovers who can also tame those big white floral  10 out of 10 is what many have given it. I really liked the early going of Mary Greenwell Plum and wished they had never used the words chypre in their description because it created expectations. As it is Mary Greenwell Plum is an excellent fruity floral and if you love those kind of fragrances it is worth seeking out. If you are looking for a modern chypre I would advise against looking for it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment